I have some very big news.
We've decided to join forces with a startup called Emmerge, which is taking a different but very complementary approach to building better group communication with email. The new product is still in closed beta, but we're super excited about it. It incorporates many of Threadable's central insights, with a bunch of new ideas and a bigger team to make them happen. When it's ready to use, I'll definitely let you know!
I'm sure you're wondering how this affects you as a Threadable user. There are a few changes, but it's nothing too scary:
- Threadable Pro is now free for everyone. If you're on a monthly subscription plan, this will be your last paid month. If you're not on Pro, now you get all those cool features!
- The service is staying up and you can keep using it for the foreseeable future. Should that ever change, you'll get plenty of advance notice, and we'll make sure you can get an archive of your data. So, no need to worry.
- Support will be more limited, and we're unlikely to add many new features. We'll keep maintaining Threadable, but we're focusing our resources on the new product.
- New organizations can only be created by existing members. You can still add new members to your organizations, but new signups are no longer available to the general public (But, if you have a friend who wants to use it, email us and we'll make it happen).
- We're open-sourcing Threadable! We'll be making the repo public under the Apache 2.0 license as soon as we finish a quick audit of the code. Stay tuned!
Building Threadable has been an incredible experience, and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. Thank you so much for your support over the past two years. It's been wonderful to work with users like you, to support your efforts, and to hear your ideas and feedback. I'm amazed by the things Threadable users create together, and feel honored to have been even a small part of that.
I'd also like to express the gratitude I feel to my cofounders for their vision and their extremely hard work; to our investors for their advice, support, and encouragement; and to the partners at YCombinator for teaching us so much about what it means to make something people want.
If you have questions, I'm happy to chat. Just get in touch.
Thanks for using Threadable, and for believing in us.
Threadable Co-founder & CEO